Top 5 SEO Tips For Beginners
As a beginner to SEO, you have to understand that without Search Engine Optimization(SEO) there is no way rank your website/blog in google, yahoo or bing. SEO is the only way which you have to learn properly for ranking a website at the top. It will take lots of time so your patience and hard work will be your main contribution to do this.
There are lots of rules which you have to follow but now In this article, I am going to tell some basic SEO tips for beginners which you must have to use on your blog to boost up your website.
1. Page Titles and Meta Description
Page Titles are the very much important thing, especially for Google SEO. The important attributes to optimize page titles are –
- The title of your home page must include the name of your website/blog and the little bit of important information about your blog or if anything you are offerings. It will be like –
- Try to keep your title in between 60 Characters because google display the 50-60 character of your title.
- Try to add your primary keyword in your title.
- Each page of your blog needs to have the unique title that will describe your page content that means what the page is about.
The page description or Meta description is also very much important for your website. It’s basically a summary of your page contents. The important attributes are –
- Always use a unique description for all pages and post of your website.
- The Meta description should be in between 160 characters.
- Add your primary keyword in between 100 characters of your description but don’t use too many keywords.
Meta description will be like –
2. Internal Links
Internal links mean the link in a post/page that will point other post/page within your website/blog. It should be proper, relevant & meaningful for both the user and search engine. For internal linking don’t use any term like ‘[…]’ or ‘Click here.
In the following example when you click on the link with anchor ‘SEO tips’ then you will be redirected to a page which is within the website.
3. Permanent Link Structure
The term permanent link structure is basically used to describe the URLs format for pages or posts of a website. You will get the URL in the browser address bar and its look like –
- SEO guidelines for a Proper URLS
- Make your URLs very simple and easy to understand for both user and Search engine.
- Use a hyphen ‘–‘ to separate a single word for making URL.
- Try to make it small.
- Use your primary keyword in your URLS that describe your page.
Eaxmple of Good url –
Eaxmple of Bad url –
4. Use H1, H2 and H3 in text formatting
Before publishing a blog in your website first do your text formatting properly. Otherwise, it will work against your rules of SEO. The following guideline you have to maintain :
- Use H1 tag in the title of your Post.
- Use tag H2 for the main Heading in your Post.
- Use H3 tag for Subheading.
- Don’t use more than one H1 tag in your post.
5. Image Optimization
Sometimes Images can make problem on your site. Due to large file type, your website page load speed can be slow. But Don’t worry about the problem just keep in mind the following :
- Use Alt attribute to describe your Image.
- Don’t use the filename like image4.jpg, picture1.jpg. Try to use your keyword in your file name otherwise, use meaningful name
- Try to optimize your image Size. You can use the free tool to optimize your image without losing the quality of the image.
So, these are the 5 SEO tips for beginners and all tips are related to On-Page SEO. Apply these basic SEO tips and you will surely get a good result.